This page describes the privacy practices regarding what data is collected and how it is used from visitors to websites owned and operated by departments under the Lee County Board of County Commissioners, including www.leegov.com and its subsites.
These practices may be updated periodically without notice.
Security of Financial Transactions
Lee County websites use industry standard data encryption for credit card transactions through third-party vendors to collect payment.
Written Communications & Public Records
Most written communication to or from County officials regarding County business, including information submitted in website forms, is not secure and is subject to public records requests by the public and media, unless specifically exempted by Florida law. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Emails sent to staff will in no way be considered binding correspondence. For critical or legal correspondence, please contact staff via telephone or U.S. Postal Service.
Why Do We Collect Website Use Information?
Your privacy is important to us. We will not collect personal information about you when you visit Lee County websites, unless you explicitly choose to make such information available to us. When you visit our websites, our web server collects the referring domain name (E.g.: www.google.com) URL of pages viewed, IP address from which you accessed the site (E.g.: 126.96.36.199), user agent string from your browser, and operating system version. Our website uses standard technology called "cookies,” unique identifiers sent to computers by our web server when you visit our website that identify the computer but not the user. Cookies and web server logs collect information about how our website is used in order to improve content. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at our website, and referring websites. Our website analytics tool, SiteImprove, also collects non-personal information associated with the IP address and cookie session. Information collected includes URL visited, page title, user’s monitor resolution, referring address, page load times, session identifier, breadcrumb trail on leegov.com, search words used, scrolls and clicks on pages, and user agent string. Cookies from leegov.com expire 24 hours after you leave our site.
How Do We Use Shared Personal Information?
If you choose to share personal information, such as subscribing to an e-newsletter, sending a message, or filling out an electronic form, the information will only be used for authorized County business and not disclosed to third parties unless required by Florida or federal law. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us, and the information will be saved for a designated period of time in order to comply with the state of Florida's archiving policies.
If you have registered with us, or subscribed to alerts or newsletters, you have the opportunity to unsubscribe/opt out of receiving future communications.
We are not responsible for the practices of websites that are linked to or from our website, nor the information or content contained therein. If you have other questions about our privacy policies or suggestions for improvement, call 239-533-2306.
Lee County Government is committed to the spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We strive to ensure that people with disabilities can access our services, participate in our programs and benefit from our community resources. Accommodations are available upon request.
Lee County provides online content in formats accessible to optical character readers (OCR) and screen readers. If you have problems accessing any web content, please contact Samantha Westen at 239-533-2112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website works to comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. Features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities include:
- Images on the website contain "alt tags" to help users with screen readers listen to the content.
- A "skip to" link allows these users to bypass the header and go directly to the main content each time a page is accessed.
To improve the accessibility of our website, Lee County Government reviews the site's accessibility with outside web tools and periodically will ask users with disabilities to review the site. Adjustments are then made as necessary.
If you have a disability and the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access some information contained on our site, please email Samantha Westen at SWesten@leegov.com. She will refer your request to the appropriate Department to provide you with an alternate form of the requested material, as available. Please indicate the nature of the accessibility problem, your preferred format, the web address of the requested material and your full contact information so we can reach you if questions arise while fulfilling your request.
Built-In Browser Accessibility Tools
Free Adobe PDF Reader
Supported Assistive Technology
We welcome comments on how to improve the site's accessibility for users with disabilities. Contact Samantha Westen by phone at 239-533-2112 or email at SWesten@leegov.com. For additional information on Lee County's ADA policies, visit our ADA Notice webpage.
- Lee County provides this website as a public service. All Information submitted to Lee County via this site shall be deemed and remain the property of Lee County, except those submissions made under separate legal contract.
- Lee County shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, or techniques contained in information provided to Lee County for and through this site.
- User access and use of this site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be updated periodically without notice to the user.
- Use of the Lee County logo is prohibited without official prior approval.
- Linking to our website is permissible providing the link accurately describes the content of the linked page.
- Under no circumstances may you "frame" the website or any of its content. Each page within the website must be displayed in full, without any accompanying frame, design, branding, advertising or promotional materials.
- Any links from our site to external sites should not be considered an endorsement of that site. We are not responsible for the content of other websites.